We are conducting a search for material that can be used for the upcoming Chet Helms documentary.
Specifically we are looking for:
- 16MM footage, Super 8 footage, 8MM footage, as a matter of fact any film footage of Chet, and or footage of the ; Haight Ashbury, Golden Gate Park, The Matrix, The Avalon Ballroom, The Fillmore, The Straight Theater, The Family Dog at the Beach, or of ANY Event pertaining to the movement in the SIXTIES !
- film /video footage of Chet ( from anytime period )
- photographs of Chet ( from any time period )
- audio recordings of Chet ( from any time period, however preferably from the 60’s )
In addition to Chet-specific footage, we are also looking for footage of:
- San Francisco, CA- circa 1950-1975
- Austin, Texas- circa 1950-1975
- Psychedelic scene
- Hippie dancers
- The San Francisco Be-In
- Sit-in’s & Protests
- Stephen Gaskin’s Monday Night Class — We are looking for any audio recordings of Stephen Gaskin’s Monday Night class sessions or any tapes of him talking and / or teaching, which he conducted in the Haight during the sixties.
- If You have any footage, or Photos –Please , please, please ……
- Please contact James MacLeod at: < email@example.com >
Possibly the only audio footage from the Denver Dog. Light My Fire – The Doors Live At The Family Dog, Denver, CO. September 30, 1967 – Posted by Michael Stelk, Archivist